Sister Maura Beckman
Hometown: Jasper, Indiana
Testimonial Quote: Benedictine Rule does not regiment persons but allows the individual to be herself.
Entrance Date: September 6, 1950
First Profession Date: June 2, 1952
Perpetual Profession Date: August 10, 1955
• Diploma in Nursing, St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis
• Certified Chaplain, National Association of Catholic Chaplains
• 20 years in monastery infirmary
• 4 years at St. Paul Hermitage in Beech Grove
• 6 years OB supervisor at St. Joseph Hospital
• 5 years Director of Nursing at St. Joseph Hospital
• Staff nurse at St. Joseph Hospital
• 23 years at Memorial Hospital in Jasper as Director of Pastoral Care/Chaplains
• HHC haircare
Present Ministry: Mission Advancement; Organist; Mail; Monastery Tours; Foot Care
Other Interests: Knitting and crocheting items for Monastery Gift Shop; reading; exercise at Y and monastery.
What attracted me to this community: Liturgical prayer, community life.