Sister Joella Kidwell
Hometown: Washington, Indiana
Entrance Date: September 8, 1954
First Profession Date: June 8, 1956
Perpetual Profession Date: August 10, 1959
• Bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education - University of Dayton
• Master of Arts in Teaching in Biology/Chemistry - Indiana University
• Diploma in Theology - Regis College, Toronto
• Spiritual Direction Training
• Certified Creative Planning Consultant
• Teacher at St. Theresa’s School and Mater Dei High School in Evansville, IN and Marian Heights Academy in Ferdinand, IN.
• Vocation Director for the Sisters of St. Benedict
• Associate Vocation Director for Diocese of Evansville
• Director of Kordes Enrichment Center, provided facilitation services and served as a planning consultant for religious communities, ministered as a Spiritual Director
• Prioress of Sisters of St. Benedict
• President of the Federation of St. Gertrude
Present Ministry: Semi-retired serving in various compacities at the monastery, as a facilitator for Benedictine community elections and as a spiritual director.
Other Interests: Reading, hiking and travel.
What attracted me to this community: The sisters who taught me in grade school. I was impressed with their lack of sophistication and their willingness to do anything to help.