Sister Joan Scheller
Hometown: Evansville/St. Joe, Indiana
Testimonial Quote: The love, encouragement and support of the sisters who share values, concern, and life is utmost.
Entrance Date: August 24, 1967
First Profession Date: June 7, 1969
Perpetual Profession Date: August 5, 1975
• Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education-St. Benedict's College
• Master’s degree in Religious Studies-St. Louis University
• Pastoral Ministry Certification-Mexican American Cultural Center, San Antonio, TX
• Accreditation in Immigration Law-U.S. Department of Justice,
• Elementary Education Teacher
• Special Education Teacher
• Missionary, Guatemala, Central America
• Administrative Assistant, Kordes Retreat Center
• Pastoral Associate
• Immigration Law, Accredited Representative
• Latino Outreach Coordinator
Present Ministry: Latino Outreach and Immigration Services, (2009-present)
Other Interests: Flower gardening, and sewing/crocheting.
What attracted me to this community: What attracted me to religious life was primarily, the example of the Franciscan and Benedictine sisters who taught me in elementary and high school. The closer proximity of the Ferdinand monastery to Evansville was a factor in my decision to come to Ferdinand.