Sister Jeanne Ellen Niehaus
Hometown: Ferdinand, Indiana
Testimonial Quote: My community has provided me with a second family as well as many friends plus an opportunity to share my gifts, talents, and passions with men, women, and children of all ages and races.
Entrance Date: August 8, 1966
First Profession Date: June 8, 1968
Perpetual Profession Date: August 7, 1971
Position: Social Services Coordinator
• Grade school and high school, Ferdinand, IN
• St. Benedict College, Ferdinand, IN
• Master’s degree in Education, Terre Haute, IN
• Master’s degree in Counseling, IU, New Albany, IN
• Elementary School Teacher
• Maintenance/Housekeeping supervisor
• Drug and Alcohol Education/Counseling/Social Worker with homeless men
• Social Services Coordinator, St. John Center for Homeless Men
Present Ministry: Switchboard & Front Desk Receptionist at Monastery
Other Interests: Movies, walking, sudoku, camping, basketball, and organizing the office pool for sporting events.
What attracted me to this community: When I attended college classes at St. Benedict College, many of my classmates were young sisters in the community. I began to notice their way of life and was drawn to it.