Sister Jeana Visel
Hometown: Winnebago, Illinois
Entrance Date: August 10, 2003
First Profession Date: April 22, 2006
Perpetual Profession Date: October 2, 2010
• Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies (Kenyon College)
• Master of Arts in Theology/Monastic Studies (St. John's School of Theology, Collegeville)
• Doctor of Ministry in Spirituality (Catholic University)
• Icon studies through Hexaemeron Six Days of Creation workshops
• Taught high school theology (5 years, Clarksville, IN)
• Director of Assessment and Orders Documentarian (2 years, St. Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology)
• Director of Graduate Theology Program (St. Meinrad)
Present Ministry: Dean of School of Theology Programs; Assistant Adjunct Professor of Spirituality, St. Meinrad
Other Interests: Painting and teaching about icons and other religious art, singing, writing, and hiking.
What attracted me to this community: I love the wisdom of Benedictine spirituality. I see beauty in monastic tradition and the Rule, in liturgy and community life, matched with an openness to where the Holy Spirit is taking the Church and concern for social justice.
Testimonial Quote: Benedictine community is a gift to the world. It is an image of what being the Body of Christ can look like. The rhythm of community life, prayer, and work helps me be a better person. It keeps me accountable!
Position: Dean of School of Theology Programs and Director of Graduate Theology Programs at Saint Meinrad School of Theology