Sister Dorothy Graf
Hometown: Sellersburg, Indiana
Testimonial Quote: Being a vowed member of this community allows me to love all those God puts in my life wherever I go.
Entrance Date: September 10, 1961
First Profession Date: June 17, 1963
Perpetual Profession Date: June 18, 1968
• High School - Academy Immaculate Conception, Ferdinand, IN (1961)
• Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education - St. Benedict College, Ferdinand, IN (1966)
• Master’s degree in Reading Clinician - Cardinal Stritch College, Milwaukee, WI (1973)
• Specialist Degree in Educational Administration and Supervision - Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN (1976)
• Teacher - Nativity Grade School, Evansville, IN (1965-1969)
• Teacher - Celestine Grade School, Northeast Dubois County School Corporation (1969-1975)
• Principal - Dubois Middle School, Northeast Dubois County School Corporation (1976-1983)
• Administrator, Assistant Superintendent, Principal at Celestine Grade School, Title I Coordinator, ISTEP Test Coordinator, Transportation Director, and Public Relations - Northeast Dubois County School Corporation (1983-2003)
• Sabbatical - School of Applied Theology, Oakland, CA (2003 - 2004)
Present Ministry: Chaplain at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis, IN
Other Interests: Watching Hallmark movies and reading.
What attracted me to this community: My oldest sister, Sister Mary Mark Graf, entered Ferdinand in 1941. My family and I visited her every summer at Ferdinand. I was taught by the Ferdinand Benedictines for eight years of grade school.