Sister Celeste Boda
Hometown: Rush City, Minnesota
Testimonial Quote: The Rule and monastic life is common sense at its best! It's not asceticism for the sake of asceticism. It just resonates with my experience of God.
Entrance Date: August 22, 1998
First Profession Date: July 22, 2000
Perpetual Profession Date: June 20, 2004
Position: Judicial Assistant - Tribunal, Diocese of Owensboro
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, College of St. Benedict
• Master’s degree in Liberal Studies, Hamline University
• Master of Canon Law, St. Paul University
• Licentiate in Canon Law, St. Paul University
• Juris Doctorate - Hamline University School of Law
• 25 years in various accounting positions
• 3 years in private law practice (civil and criminal)
• 7 years in Marriage Tribunal and Canonical issues
• 5 years in Monastery Gift Shop - sales, accounting, inventory
Present Ministry: Central Purchasing; Monastery Archives
Other Interests: Musician for liturgies, serving on Council, Visitation Committee, Election Board, Discernment-Election Committee.
What attracted me to this community: It's Benedictine! I have come to realize that the Rule of Benedict and the Benedictine life is the best way for me to seek God.