Sister Barbara Ann Offerman
Hometown: Vanderburgh County, Indiana
Testimonial Quote: This community is now my home. And part of being at home is that you can be yourself with you feel "at home." I feel supported and loved here, even with my faults. There's a health give and take here; sharing of gifts and acceptance of one another's weaknesses.
Entrance Date: September 12, 1959
First Profession Date: June 13, 1961
Perpetual Profession Date: June 17, 1966
• Bachelor’s degree in Education
• Undergraduate classes in Psychology and English (St. Louis University)
• Graduate classes in English (ISU Terre Haute)
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (University of Evansville)
• Masters Certificate Pastoral Studies (Loyola, New Orleans)
• Teacher: St. Theresa, St. Anthony (Dubois Co.), Mater Dei High School, Marian Heights Academy
• Nursing: Visiting Nurse Association (Evansville), Family Neighborhood Health Center (St. Joseph Hospital), Mobile Health Nurse (University of Evansville), DRE Holy Cross, Ft. Branch;
• FHS Gift Shop
• Director Community Health Services at Sisters of St. Benedict.
Present Ministry: Medicaid Provider Project; Companion and Chauffeur
Other Interests: Cooking, reading, good movies, and baking
What attracted me to this community: Spirit of Benedictine Sisters who were my teachers at Mater Dei High School in Evansville, Indiana.