Sister Paulette Seng
Hometown: Dubois, Indiana
Testimonial Quote: The values the sisters and the pillars of our community resonate with me: community life, prayer, hospitality, and service. I like the opportunities for quiet, solitude, a contemplative, peaceful environment and also appreciate our monastic rhythm of prayer and work.
Entrance Date: September 12, 1959
First Profession Date: June 13, 1961
Perpetual Profession Date: June 17, 1966
• Elementary - St. Raphael School, Dubois
• High School - Academy Immaculate Conception
• St. Benedict College - Elementary Education degree
• St. Louis University and Indiana State University – Master’s degree in English with a Psychology minor
• Teaching in elementary schools and high schools
• Communications associate
• Director of Academy Alumnae Relations
Present Ministry: Mailings; Monastery Bakery; Prayer Ministry
Other Interests: Reading, hiking/walking, theater and musicals, sports (St. Louis Cardinals).
What attracted me to this community: The sisters who taught me in elementary and high school were happy people, down-to-earth, friendly, fun-loving, loved and cared for each other. They were authentic, welcoming, and supportive.