Sister Mary George Kissel
Hometown: Evansville, Indiana
Testimonial Quote: I enjoy praying and working with the other Benedictine Sisters and enjoy the evenings with my Sisters.
Entrance Date: September 1, 1938
First Profession Date: August 10, 1940
• Bachelor’s degree in Education
• Master’s degree in Education
• Collected calendars for Sr. Donna Marie at food bank in Edwardsville, IN.
• Took care of poor children in Berea, KY school and other schools in the Kentucky Appalachia Area and poor families in Owensboro, KY
• Took care of 20-30 DREs in Edwardsville, IN and Owensboro, KY and give them religious articles for their children
Present Ministry: Calling donors in Mission Advancement, going out on calls with Major Gifts Officers in Mission Advancement, tutoring children struggling in school with the Scholar House program. When needed, I help in the retreat center in Kordes.
Other Interests: Music, Spanish work with DRE and poor in Evansville, Owensboro, and Newburgh. I love to visit the sick and pray with them in nursing homes and HHC.
What attracted me to this community: I was taught by Ferdinand Benedictine Sisters. They were a happy group of Sisters, always helping others who needed help.